Join us on 28 September in Helsinki or online!
Registration for this event is now closed.
What does the clean energy sector look like today in Sub-Saharan Africa? What are the biggest opportunities and bottlenecks? What lessons are there for Finnish and other companies and actors interested in or already involved with the market? What type of funding is available for companies interested in clean energy market(s) in Sub-Saharan Africa, and how could cooperation among different actors be improved?
In this event – EEP Africa, Finnfund and Finnpartnership – and Dutch development organisation SNV will share their experiences and lessons learned from investing in and cooperating with local companies operating in the clean energy sector in Sub-Saharan Africa. The event is open for everyone already engaged with or interested in the topic and networking.
When: Thursday, 28th September at 9am – 1.15pm
Where: Nordic Investment Bank, Fabianinkatu 34, 00100 Helsinki and online
In-person seating is limited.
- Jussi Viding, Fund Manager, EEP Africa, Nordic Development Fund
- Marko Berglund, Senior Development Impact Adviser, Finnfund
- SNV: Overview of the energy sector in Sub-Saharan Africa, including financing clean energy companies – current situation, challenges, and opportunities.
- Martijn Veen, Global Head of Energy, SNV
- EEP Africa: Approach and experiences
- Susanne Hounsell, Head of Portfolio, EEP Africa
- Chiedza Mazaiwana, Portfolio Manager, EEP Africa
- Faith Chege, Portfolio Manager, EEP Africa
- Ash Sharma, Vice President, Head of Green Transition Special Funds, Nefco
- Mario Aguilera, CEO and Founder, Tespack Ltd
- Coffee break
- Finnpartnership: Approach and experiences
- Ville Jokinen, Programme Officer
- Finnfund: Approach and experiences
- Jussi Tourunen, Associate Director, Head of Energy and Infrastructure portfolio
- Visa Tuominen, Senior International Development Expert, WWF Finland
- Jukka-Pekka Kärkkäinen, CEO, FCA Investments
- Q&A and discussion
- Wrap-up and thank you
- Lunch & networking