Under the patronage of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Rwanda Development Board (RDB), Energy Private Developers (EPD) in partnership with the Global Alliance for Clean Cooking, Africa-EU Renewable Energy Cooperation Programme (RECP), the World Bank, the European Union, EEP Africa, Solar Plaza, GOGLA, Shell Foundation, bfz and many others organize the 2nd Edition of the RENEWABLE ENERGY FOR SUSTAINABLE GROWTH which falls under Rwanda Energy Week, on 5th -9th November 2018.
The Rwanda Energy Energy Week will host four energy forums:
- The Clean Cooking Investment Forum, on 5th-6th November 2018 at Kigali Convention Center. The Forum is organized by Energy Private Developers (EPD) and Global Alliance for Clean Cooking, the forum is a first-of-its-kind, private sector-oriented conference to convene business leaders, investors, donors and government representatives to collaborate on developing an industry at scale to deliver modern, clean cooking solutions around the world, with a special focus on East Africa. For more about the forum and participation, please visit: https://clean-cooking-investment-forum.b2match.io/
- Unlocking Solar Capital Africa Forum, its 3rd edition will take place on 7th-8th November 2018 at Kigali Convention Center. The conference is organized by SolarPlazza in partnership with GOGLA and it is payable event. The conference will bring together hundreds of representatives from development banks, investment funds, solar developers, IPPs, EPCs & other stakeholders. 350+ decision makers will gather to engage in extensive discussions to solve Africa’s solar energy funding gap – and get projects realized. For more about the conference and participation, please visit: https://africa.unlockingsolarcapital.com
- Re-energizing Agriculture through Solar Power forum will take place on 8th November 2018 at Kigali Convention Centre. This forum will gather policy makers and private sector in energy and agriculture to discuss the role and experience of solar energy, mainly:
- Opportunities and challenges of solar for agriculture in Rwanda
- Solar irrigation,
- Solar solutions for agribusinesses (drying, cold storage, processing….)
- Financing solar solutions for agriculture (credit, leasing, microfinance).
The participation to this forum is free of charge for all invitees.
EEP Knowledge Exchange Forum will take place on 9th November.